Visual Thinking : for Design
Visual Thinking brings the science of perception to the art of design. Designers increasingly need to present information in ways that aid their audience's thinking process. Fortunately, results from the relatively new science of human visual perception provide valuable guidance.
In this book, Colin Ware takes what we now know about perception, cognition, and attention and transforms it into concrete advice that designers can directly apply. He demonstrates how designs can be considered as tools for cognition - extensions of the viewer's brain in much the same way that a hammer is an extension of the user's hand. The book includes hundreds of examples, many in the form of integrated text and full-color diagrams.
Experienced professional designers and students alike will learn how to maximize the power of the information tools they design for the people who use them.
- Format: Paperback | 256 pages
- Dimensions: 191 x 235 x 12.19mm | 550g
- Publication date: 22 Apr 2008
- Publisher: ELSEVIER SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- Imprint: Morgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Publication City/Country: San Francisco, United States
- Language: English
- Illustrations note: Approx. 250 illustrations (200 in full color)
- ISBN10: 0123708966
- ISBN13: 9780123708960
- Bestsellers rank: 192,362