Dimension Theory in Dynamical Systems : Contemporary Views and Applications
The principles of symmetry and self-similarity structure nature's most beautiful creations. For example, they are expressed in fractals, famous for their beautiful but complicated geometric structure, which is the subject of study in dimension theory. And in dynamics the presence of invariant fractals often results in unstable "turbulent-like" motions and is associated with "chaotic" behaviour. In this book, Yakov Pesin introduces an area of research that has recently appeared in the interface between dimension theory and the theory of dynamical systems. Focusing on invariant fractals and their influence on stochastic properties of systems, Pesin provides a comprehensive and systematic treatment of modern dimension theory in dynamical systems, summarizes the current state of research, and describes the most important accomplishments of this field.
- Format: Paperback | 314 pages
- Dimensions: 150 x 229 x 17.53mm | 440g
- Publication date: 01 Jan 1998
- Publisher: The University of Chicago Press
- Imprint: University of Chicago Press
- Publication City/Country: Chicago, IL, United States
- Language: English
- Edition Statement: 2nd ed.
- Illustrations note: Ill.
- ISBN10: 0226662225
- ISBN13: 9780226662220
- Bestsellers rank: 1,524,328